Finding the right home can be challenging, even if you’ve been through the home buying process before. When looking at new homes, it’s important to remember that a good floor plan in a home makes life more enjoyable, and adds value to the home should you need to sell in the future. Some things to be looking for:
- A well designed kitchen space, with adequate counter space, outlets, and room for appliances.
- Stairways that are located in the front entry or other central positions.
- Flexible rooms that can be used for different purposes. One person’s second guest room is another’s office or home gym.
- A good bedroom to bathroom ratio, which can make all the difference. Typically two bathrooms for every 3 bedrooms will be sufficient.
- Light switches and outlets that have good placement throughout rooms.
As an experienced real estate professional, I can help you determine what features of a home are most important to you. Having a clear picture of your dream home will help you sort out the homes that just don’t fit. Please call me with any questions you may have.